Well, I always have a lot on my mind and not a lot of adults to convey it to (since I stay at home). I thought this would be a good way to keep everyone up to date on the life of the Stephens and be a place to jot my thoughts.
We have been in our new home for almost 2 weeks. Please visit us anytime! We are across the way to SeaWorld so stop on by! Our house is getting somewhat settled but there are rooms we haven't even begun to tackle. For some reason, my husband thinks the most important room to get ready is his TV room, but I don't say anything because that new TV was sitting in storage for 7 months! Our main goal right now is to enjoy our family time because we have some time to make up since last October. Nothing really gets done on weeknights with dinner and play time and baths. Kyla's new thing is "walking the dogs". She is scared of the dogs but yet everynight wants to walk them. The walks have been fun. We have met more of our neighbors in 2 weeks than we ever met in 2 years in our previous neighborhood. We live in a culdesac and Kyla already has 3 other girls around her age to play with. We don't have a neighborhood pool this summer, but they are currently building it and it's literally within 100 steps.
Hollister is "all boy". Today his met the fireplace (his chin did). I may just put a helmet on his head like they almost put on Shanes head as a baby. If it can be climbed on, jumped on, pulled at, thrown, crawled through, or smeared....he does it! The cutest thing he does now is ask "where's the plane?" while shrugging his shoulders /hands. We live in the fly zone for the C-5's (large cargo planes) and they constantly fly around. I guess it's hard to escape any fly zone with the number of bases here. Hollister is not scared of the dogs, he chases them. Again, my kids are night and day. He is sleeping better and mommy almost has him weaned. So my hormones are whack right now! +
Shane is enjoying his job and he finally got a big project. He plays tennis on the campus twice a week with a co-worker and beat him for the first time this week.
My goal in the next few weeks is to find doctors, libraries, play places, etc.....doesn't that sound like fun? It has been so darn hot lately and it's hard to find indoor activities. I did find a neighborhood playgroup and the ladies of our section meet monthly so that will kick me into some social time. So check this post every once in a while to catch up!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahhh, the blog! It is a nice way to keep in touch w/o having to email a lot of people and call. I figure the ones who want to read about my life will! So I looked at the first sentence and I didn't mean it to come out that way. ha! It really is an advantage I consider since personal communication time is limited. =) I love mine. I just don't get to it enough. You are know a cool link on Blogs I read. woo hoo!
Post a Comment